The Initial meeting:
• This usually takes place in the client’s home. The client describes the scope of work, the expectations and concerns for the project, general aesthetic preferences, as well as time and budget guidelines. As designers, our primary task at this stage is to listen carefully and ask a lot of questions.
• We then describe how we might approach the project, what to expect from us, and explain our fees and contractual agreements. We will set a date to measure and photograph the space, document existing places to incorporate into the plan, and/or obtain copies of architectural plans.
Design Concept Presentation:
• At an agreed upon date, we will provide you with a design concept and initial proposals outlining the cost. We will present the concept on boards using floor plans, photos of furniture selections, color schemes, fabric choices, flooring, wall treatments, sketches of custom window treatments, built-ins, and space planning solutions, as necessary to illustrate the concept.
• When you are ready to sign off on the proposals, we’ll coordinate all purchases and deliveries and provide relevant drawings and instructions to our team of contractors.
Completing the Process:
• We will then see the process through to completion, visiting the site whenever necessary to ensure a successful fulfillment of the design concept.Our firm charges an hourly fee, plus commission on all items purchased.